Closing a Fixed deposing online with Online SBI
This tutorial teaches you, How to Close a Fixed Deposit using internet banking facility with Online SBI.
- Log in to Online SBI Website
- Go to e-Fixed Deposit Tab
- From the Left Side Pannel, the first option is preselected that is e-TDR/e – STDR(FD)
- Select the type of fixed deposit you have from the available options.They are:1. e-TDR / e-STDR ( Fixed Deposits)
2. e-TDR / E-STDR under Income Tax Saving Scheme
3.e-TDR / E-STDR (MOD) Multi Option Deposit
- After selecting the type from above three, click on proceed.
- Now tabs will appear and on the right side, you will see a tab as Close A/c Permanently.
- Click on that TAB
- You will be showed the all the present FD’s in your account, select the FD which you want to be closed
- Click on Proceed
- You will see a confirmation about the details of the FD that you are closing, you are free to give any remarks and then Click on Confirm
- Now you will come to a Window Where it will ask A High-Security Password
- An OTP will come to you registered mobile number
- Enter that number where asked
- Click on Confirm
- Now you FD is successfully closed
Watch our tutorial video on how to close your existing online Fixed Deposit before maturity, using SBI Internet Banking.
Thanks for reading this article, hope you found it useful, if you have any doubts or questions, you may ask us in the comments below.