This tutorial teaches you, How to Generate Form 15 G/H using State Bank of India Internet Banking using Online SBI Website.
If you are not an income tax assesses, you can avoid TDS deduction on Term deposits. Just go to www.onlinesbi.com and generate Form 15 G/H. If you are 60 years and above then generate Form 15H, else generate Form 15G. Watch this tutorial video to know how.
Please note that:
• Form 15 G/H will be generated branch- wise.
• In case of Joint Accounts, form 15G/H will be generated for the first account holder.
• To avoid TDS deduction on the fixed deposits, please download form 15G/H, verify it , sign it and submit it to the branch concerned (in three copies) for recording the same in CBS. The branch will subsequently submit the form 15G/H to the Income Tax Assessing Officer under whose jurisdiction the branch is located.
• In case the amount of interest paid/payable exceeds the applicable limit for all accounts linked to single CIF (even though operating at different branches), 15G is not applicable. Hence please do not submit.
• Mere generation / downloading form 15G/H will not suffice the requirement of stoppage of TDS deduction. It has to be duly submitted to the branch concerned.
• The functionality for online generation of Form 15G/H has been introduced for the sake of customer convenience by obviating the manual filling up fixed deposit details by the customers.
Also watch the video “View your income tax statement (Form 26AS)” : https://youtu.be/MdQqMJha9Ag
Thanks for reading this article, hope you found it useful, if you have any doubts or questions, you may ask us in the comments below.