Due to various subsidy schemes (mainly LPG Subsidy scheme) launched by the Indian government, it is becoming important to link the bank accounts with Aadhaar card. You probably are also going to get benefit of any subsidy scheme that’s why you are reading this article. State Bank of India is one of the popular banks in the country with various branches throughout every state.
Linking aadhaar card with SBI account is an easy task. In this article, We will guide you in completing this process via two methods: Offline & Online
If you have internet banking activated, you can do the process online.
In other case you can also follow the offline method.
You can either read the article or follow the video tutorial below, depending on your convenience.
Before continuing with the process, make sure you have following things ready with you.
- Original copy of Aadhaar card and One photocopy
- Your Pass book of State Bank of India Bank Account
- Aadhaar Card linking Form – If you don’t have the form Click here to Download it and take the print out
Once you have all this stuff ready, you are good to go !!
1) SBI Bank Account Aadhaar Card Linkage Via Offline Mode
- Fill in the form by entering your Branch Name & Address, your account number, Aadhaar/UID number, Your Name & Address on Aadhaar card
- You need to attach the attested photocopy of Aadhaar card with the form
- Finally you need to give the confirmation for this process by entering the details asked
- Once you fill all these details correctly, you need to visit your Bank branch and hand over the application along with the photocopy of aadhaar card to the bank official
- The Bank official will take a look at your original aadhaar card and the photocopy
- After that he/she will sign it and keep it
- Your work ends here
- The Bank will then verify your details with the Data from the Aadhaar card database
- After matching the details, your application will be processed.
- Once the process will complete, you will notified or you can call your branch and confirm the same.
2) SBI Bank Account Aadhaar Card Linkage Via Online Mode – Internet Banking
- Access to Internet Banking
- Login into your SBI Internet Banking account
- Once you will get logged in, go to “My Accounts” Section
- Now you will see a link “Link your aadhaar number”
- Enter the details and hit submit button
That’s it !!
I hope this helped !! In case you have any query regarding the procedure or Linking Aadhaar card to SBI Bank account, feel free to write it in the comment box below. We would always be here to help you.